How To Get Sweat Smell Out Of Clothes? Sweat smell… hmm. It does not sound that big issue, actually, it is a big one. Personal hygiene must be at top of everything. One must take care of personal hygiene very much. Everyone is not dealing with a problem. But the one who is dealing with it knows that it is a pretty big issue to deal with.
I have seen a lot of people dealing with it. Having tried almost everything to get rid of this sweat odor MONSTER. Like giving up on non-veg, stopped eating spicy and oily food. Drinking a lot of water, that they even made washroom there second home.
There are actually two glands in our body eccrine glands and apocrine glands. They are spread all over our body, and they cause sweating. Body odor is a result of sweat gets mixed with bacteria present in our body.
When all this gets mixed up with a deodorant you are using it makes a killing odor that puts stains on your fabrics and also makes everyone run away from you. So removing every trace of body odor from your clothes after taking it off is not an option- it’s a necessity.
Why Personal Hygiene Is Important?
It is easy to prevent sweat smell on clothes instead of taking it out of the clothes. As we all know there is a saying “prevention is better than cure”. So, here we will discuss some of the tips.
- Washing yourself properly once a day with lukewarm water is good enough.
- Choose a dress which is appropriate for the situation, e.g, if you are going to the gym, wear a gym suit, etc. If you are going to your workplace, then choose linen or cotton. Cotton, by the way, gives the most horrible smell when caught with sweat.
- Use antiperspirant deodorant on dry skin to avoid sweating. Do not use on wet skin.
- Use Potash Alum in your armpits. It is antiseptic and it avoids sweating.
Now, Let’s talk about the major issue. HOW TO GET SWEAT SMELL OUT OF CLOTHES??? If you are tired of finding the answer to this question, then stop getting tired anymore. You are at the very right place.
Tips To Remove Sweat Smell From Clothes
- The first and foremost tip is, wash sweaty clothes as soon as possible. Do not put sweaty clothes in the laundry bin for too long. Wash them as soon as possible, because the longer it will take the more sweat will absorb in the clothes.
- Using warm water to wash clothes can also be helpful. You can check the label of the fabric and use the highest possible temperature to wash the clothes. For example, polyester cannot bear high temperature, wool shrinks in hot water. So, be careful about the type of fabric. But warm water does help.
- Soak the fabric in the strong detergent for like 10 mins. But if the smell is very intense you can soak it for like 30-40 mins. You can soak it in a machine itself. After soaking for some time you can simply turn on the machine.
- You can also soak the sweaty clothes in a bucket and add two to three tablespoons of white vinegar in it. Soak for half an hour. Wring it out and put the clothes in the wash. Another magical option is an oxygen bleach solution. This is a wonderful remedy for body odor in clothes.
- Make sure that your washing machine is not overloaded. If you add too many clothes in the machine then there would be not enough space for clothes to tumble properly. Add one more rinse cycle to the clothes which are very sweaty.
- The fabric conditioners are available in the market. You can add a cap full of it in the final rinse. It will give a refreshing effect on your clothes. Your clothes will smell fresh for a long time. It will also prevent your clothes from getting smelly again soon. Well, some people are allergic to fabric conditioners, so it is better to add a little amount of vinegar in the final rinse. It is a natural remedy. The foul smell of vinegar will disappear when the clothes will get dried.
- Take out the clothes from the machine as soon as the wash is over to be hanged. Do not let your rest clothes in the machine for a long time. It will also cause a smell of clothes.
- For stubborn sweat smell, on which washing is not working. Baking soda can help in such clothes. BAKING SODA- that magical item that can cure everything. It can also cure cancer. Just make a thick paste with water and apply on the sweaty areas on the clothes, leave it for 10-15 mins, and then wash it off.
- Another remedy is to crush aspirin tablets and spread it just like baking soda on the sweaty areas. All these are harmless chemicals. These are not going to harm anybody in any way.
- The borax powder can also be helpful in removing the sweat smell from clothes. All you have to do is just mix a little borax powder with water and few drops of lemongrass essential oil, mix them well. Add the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on smelly areas before washing.
- A good bleach can help to remove smell and stains both from white clothes.
- Washing soda has been used for a long time for the stubborn smell. Just all some teaspoons in the wash.
- Another extreme step is boiling your clothes. YES! you heard it right, I am actually talking about boiling your clothes. You can use this mostly for extra stubborn smelly clothes, like kitchen towels or dusters, etc. But if your sweat is that much toxic you can also try it on your clothes.
So, friends, these were some of the remedies which you can use to get the smell of your clothes. I hope you like reading this article. Hopefully, this article must have solved many of your daily problems. Do not forget to write to us in the comment section below.
You can also read: